Thursday, September 2, 2010

update!

Mike and I have been very busy since the last time I posted on here. Along with a lot of other things on our plate, we've been busy with wedding planning as well.

We have booked a florist! We're going with Durocher Florist. She is amazing! We went and sat down with her a few weeks ago and she was just so great at what she does and so organized! I think it's really important to keep that in mind when looking around. She also did a great job of listening to our ideas and making them even better without going away from what we want! We're going to do roses and gerber daises in the bridesmaids bouquets and all roses in mine; all in bright hues of orange. The boys will have a simply orange rose as boutenierres. The mother's will be wearing pinning corsages with a simply ivory rose.

We have also found my dress!! I can't believe it! We had planned a day for me to go with some of bridesmaids and my mom on day in August while I was home. The first day I tried on dresses at two different locations and it was a lot of "well I love this about the dress, but really don't like this" and "well this dress has what was missing in the other dress but now it doesn't have what I loved about the first". We decided that we would go back a second day to another boutique to look for a dress. I kid you not, it was the second dress I tried on that second day! It's funny because I walk out of my dressing room and I have this scowl on my face and my little sister had this look of "oh my gosh" but then sees my expression and goes "what?" and I go "I hate the bow!" and the bridal consultant goes "oh we can easily take that off!". I instantly say "oh well then this is the dress!". My mom cried and teared up and that was that. It is absolutely perfect! All the things I was looking for! :)

We also found the bridesmaid dresses! They are navy blue, sweetheart cut knee length strapless dresses. Definately something my bms can wear again! At the place where I got my dress they offered a 10% discount so we decided to go with her. They are awesome and will look great against a bouquet of bright orange roses/gerber daises!

We have also decided on our guest list! Save-the-dates will probably be sent out sometime in October or November.

Our Jack and Jill couples shower/party is just around the corner and my mom and sisters are busy preparing for that! From what I have seen everything looks great! We are both getting so excited!

We have also almost completely established our bridal party. We are both so happy and are excited to share our special day with these special people!

More of our wedding details are in works! It has been so fun planning everything! Maybe I have a future career? Who knows :)

-A

2 comments:

  1. Hi Alyssa, this is Jasper, Kenzie's sister, she just showed me your blog today, congrats on your wedding and I think your colors are awesome! Navy and orange was one of my possible themes too so i'll be happy to see it played out in your wedding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks jasper! Kenzie actually gave me the idea to make a blog because she said that you had done one through your whole planning process! We love orange and navy blue together :).

    ReplyDelete